Empire of the Sun Talk Lyrics In Exclusive Video Interview (LINER NOTES)
Find out why the band compares songwriting to running a marathon.
Welcome back to Liner Notes, MetroLyrics' interview series featuring songwriters discussing their craft.
For this episode in the series, Australian electro-pop duo Empire Of The Sun, who are celebrating the release of their sophomore record Ice on the Dune, sat down with us to talk lyrics and songwriting. During the interview, members Luke Steele and Nick Littlemore describe their unique collaborative process for writing lyrics, why song writing is similar in some ways to running a marathon, and how songs from the new album, including lead single "Alive," evolve over time and take on different meanings to different people.
Watch the video above for an exclusive look into the creative process of Empire of the Sun, and, when you're done, be sure to check out our previous Liner Notes episodes:
Empire Of The Sun's Ice On The Dune is available on iTunes now. Share your thoughts on the band's Liner Notes interview in the comments below.
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz