Eric Paslay Reveals The Lyrics To Every Song On His Upcoming Debut Album
Plus he breaks down the lyrics to the song 'Country Side of Heaven' in an exclusive interview clip.
Eric Paslay knows how to write a hit country song. The Texas-born musician has penned chart-toppers for the likes of Jake Owen, Love and Theft, and the Eli Young Band. Now, Eric is putting those excellent songwriting chops to work as a performing artist, stepping out in the spotlight himself with the release of his debut album.
Paslay's self-titled LP, due out February 4th, is a collection of songs showcasing Eric's versatility as a songwriter and artist—fans will find heartfelt ballads alongside infectious uptempo anthems. "Life isn't always the same heartbeat so I don't want to have an album of songs at the same tempo," says Paslay on why he chose such a variety of material for the album. "Every song has a shimmer of everyone's life in it from the memories of falling in love to living with someone for the rest of your life and knowing that there's something at the end of the tunnel to live for. Some of it is not too deep and some of it is."
Eric shared the lyrics to the new album with us a day ahead of release. Check all of them out below, exclusively through MetroLyrics, and be sure to share your favorite lines with us in the comments.
1. Keep On Fallin'
2. Friday Night
3. Less Than Whole
4. Country Side of Heaven
5. Never Really Wanted
6. Here Comes Love
7. Like A Song
8. Good With Wine
9. She Don't Love You
10. Song About a Girl
11. Deep As It Is Wide
Watch below as Eric explains the significance of track 4 on the LP, "Country Side Of Heaven":
Eric Pasley is available for pre-order on iTunes now. Share your favorite lyric from the album below in the comments.
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!