Extraneous Lyrics 2013: Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus & More Get Wordy
What would happen if pop's biggest songs got a little wordier?
Sometimes, we feel like the caliber of language used in pop lyrics these days is, well, a little tired. How many times can a singer utter the words "baby", "love", "you", "I"...it gets pretty old, don't you think? Enter Okay Samurai, a YouTube star who takes the biggest songs of the year and makes the lyrics a little more extraneous.
What does 'extraneous' mean? It pretty much translates as not needed, but at the same time, we feel like it's much needed to take Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" chorus and change it to "And we're unable to cease...". Also on the docket for getting their lyrics lengthened are Katy Perry's "Roar", Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive", and Macklemore's "Can't Hold Us". Look out for wordy renditions of Rihanna's "Stay", Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines", and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky".
What are you waiting for? Get wordy & watch Extraneous Lyrics 2013 from Okay Samurai:
What's your favorite extraneous lyric line from Okay Samurai's compilation? Let us know in the comments.
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?