Extraneous Lyrics 2013: Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus & More Get Wordy
What would happen if pop's biggest songs got a little wordier?
Sometimes, we feel like the caliber of language used in pop lyrics these days is, well, a little tired. How many times can a singer utter the words "baby", "love", "you", "I"...it gets pretty old, don't you think? Enter Okay Samurai, a YouTube star who takes the biggest songs of the year and makes the lyrics a little more extraneous.
What does 'extraneous' mean? It pretty much translates as not needed, but at the same time, we feel like it's much needed to take Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" chorus and change it to "And we're unable to cease...". Also on the docket for getting their lyrics lengthened are Katy Perry's "Roar", Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive", and Macklemore's "Can't Hold Us". Look out for wordy renditions of Rihanna's "Stay", Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines", and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky".
What are you waiting for? Get wordy & watch Extraneous Lyrics 2013 from Okay Samurai:
What's your favorite extraneous lyric line from Okay Samurai's compilation? Let us know in the comments.
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs