Extraneous Lyrics 2013: Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus & More Get Wordy
What would happen if pop's biggest songs got a little wordier?
Sometimes, we feel like the caliber of language used in pop lyrics these days is, well, a little tired. How many times can a singer utter the words "baby", "love", "you", "I"...it gets pretty old, don't you think? Enter Okay Samurai, a YouTube star who takes the biggest songs of the year and makes the lyrics a little more extraneous.
What does 'extraneous' mean? It pretty much translates as not needed, but at the same time, we feel like it's much needed to take Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" chorus and change it to "And we're unable to cease...". Also on the docket for getting their lyrics lengthened are Katy Perry's "Roar", Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive", and Macklemore's "Can't Hold Us". Look out for wordy renditions of Rihanna's "Stay", Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines", and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky".
What are you waiting for? Get wordy & watch Extraneous Lyrics 2013 from Okay Samurai:
What's your favorite extraneous lyric line from Okay Samurai's compilation? Let us know in the comments.
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing
- Check Out Every Lyric Off Rising-Star Kat Dahlia's Debut Album
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015
- Daniel Kim Mixed 66 Songs In His 2014 Pop Danthology Mashup
- Get All The Lyrics To Nicki Minaj's Epic New Album 'The Pinkprint'