Fall Album Preview Features Lyrical Visionaries
While perusing this year's Fall album releases, we couldn't help but notice all the lyrical heavyweights in the list of Autumn sounds. Lou Reed and Metallica, Wilco, Bjork, Tom Waits, Tony Bennett, Feist, Radiohead...and that's just scratching the surface.
Bjork is best known for her quirky, whimsical and dark songs whose lyrics always create a surreal scene. Just take a peek at a few lines from "Wanderlust":
I have lost my origin / And I don't want to find it again / Rather sailing into nature's laws / And be held by ocean's paws
With titles like "Moon", "Crystalline", and "Dark Matter", we can only imagine the dreamy, cosmic words riddled on Bjork's latest album, Biophilia.
It's also nice to see some veterans of songwriting on this list. Tom Waits and Lou Reed, in particular. More like poets, this two have brought us some of the most classic lyrics in contemporary music history. Who doesn't know "Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side" or Tom Waits' portrayal of a motley crew of seedy characters in "Heartattack and Vine"? These two truly have a way with words and we can't wait to see what they have to say on their upcoming albums. Lou Reed and Metallica's Lulu is out October 31, and Tom Waits' Bad As Me will be in stores October 24.
See all of the albums in 93XRT's Fall Album Preview after the jump!
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel