First 2012 Grammy Performances Announced
The Grammys are right around the corner and they're going to be HUGE this year. With all the amazing albums out in 2011 we're waiting on the edge of our seats to see which artists are honoured and which are snubbed. Is it bad that we're kind of hoping for a Taylor Swift/Kanye West-type moment to happen? Or are the Grammys too classy for that?
In any case, this week's announcement of the Grammy performers only has us more excited for February 12th. Grammy performances are notoriously epic, with artists from all different genres collaborating with each other, huge intricate stage sets and eye-catching outfits. On last year's show, we saw Lady Gaga being born out of an egg, and a performance of diva proportions when Christina Aguilera, Martina McBride, Florence Welch, Yolanda Adams and Jennifer Hudson sung a medley of Aretha Franklin songs.
This year we'll be treated to performances by nominees Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson (together?), Foo Fighters, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift! Maybe Tay-Tay and Nicki will have a Superbass moment? These are only the first few confirmed performances so expect to see more artists added to the roster in the next few weeks. We kind of can't believe that Adele hasn't been confirmed as a performer yet considering the year she's had, but the Grammys could be keeping the best surprise for last...
For more Grammy buzz, check out the 2012 nominees and our breakdown of the biggest honor: the Song of the Year award.
Be sure to tune into the 2012 Grammys on CBS, Sunday February 12th at 8/7c!
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect