"Gangnam Style"'s PSY Is Sorry About Past Anti-USA Lyrics
Psy making "peace" with Americans. Image c/o Imeh Akpanudosen (Getty)
Korean rapper PSY has issued an apology to the US after reports surfaced that the "Gangnam Style" star had participated in concerts protesting the U.S. military presence in South Korea during the beginning of the Iraq war in 2004. He issued a statement saying that says the protests were part of a "deeply emotional" reaction to the war and the killing of two Korean school girls. Psy "will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words", which included in the lyrics a line about "killing Yankees" who have been torturing Iraqi captives and their families.
Do you forgive PSY for his past anti-USA lyrics? Let us know your thoughts...
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'