"Gangnam Style"'s PSY Is Sorry About Past Anti-USA Lyrics
Psy making "peace" with Americans. Image c/o Imeh Akpanudosen (Getty)
Korean rapper PSY has issued an apology to the US after reports surfaced that the "Gangnam Style" star had participated in concerts protesting the U.S. military presence in South Korea during the beginning of the Iraq war in 2004. He issued a statement saying that says the protests were part of a "deeply emotional" reaction to the war and the killing of two Korean school girls. Psy "will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words", which included in the lyrics a line about "killing Yankees" who have been torturing Iraqi captives and their families.
Do you forgive PSY for his past anti-USA lyrics? Let us know your thoughts...
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"
- Go On A Date With Every One Direction Member in "Night Changes"
- 5 More Songs That Were Written For Other Artists
- Bruno Mars Returns with Mark Ronson in "Uptown Funk"
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)