"Gangnam Style"'s PSY Is Sorry About Past Anti-USA Lyrics
Psy making "peace" with Americans. Image c/o Imeh Akpanudosen (Getty)
Korean rapper PSY has issued an apology to the US after reports surfaced that the "Gangnam Style" star had participated in concerts protesting the U.S. military presence in South Korea during the beginning of the Iraq war in 2004. He issued a statement saying that says the protests were part of a "deeply emotional" reaction to the war and the killing of two Korean school girls. Psy "will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words", which included in the lyrics a line about "killing Yankees" who have been torturing Iraqi captives and their families.
Do you forgive PSY for his past anti-USA lyrics? Let us know your thoughts...
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist