Get To Know 22-Year-Old Tenor Cody Karey
The singer filled out our My Musical Mind Questionnaire
22-year-old tenor Cody Karey recently released his debut self-titled album, and it's a moment he's been working towards his whole life.
The story goes like this: when he was just 18-months-old, Cody earned a standing ovation at his local Pizza Hut after performing "Achy Breaky Heart" for attendees. It signaled the start of a lifelong passion for performing. At the age of six, Cody would sing country songs for audiences around his hometown. (He cited Alan Jackson as his favorite artist at the time.) But as he entered his teens, Cody discovered the music of artists like Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli and found that style of music to be his true calling.
After entering a local talent competition, Cody was discovered by super-producer and exec David Foster — the man responsible for discovering Michael Bublé and Josh Groban. As you'd expect, that relationship has helped launch Cody's career, with Foster executive producing Cody's debut album and bringing him on tour last year where he shared the stage with some of the industry's biggest names like Sarah Brightman, The Tenors, and Pia Toscano.
Get to know more about Cody by checking out his My Musical Mind questionnaire below. Spoiler alert: he's a Backstreet Boys fan. And be sure to click play above on Cody's single "You Are The Song" for an accompanying soundtrack while reading.
Hear Cody discuss his passion for music and more in the video clip below:
Cody Karey's self-titled debut album is available on iTunes now.
See the full "You Are The Song" lyrics here.
For more Cody, check him out on Facebook and Twitter.
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz