Get To Know Gary Clark Jr., The New Face Of Blues on CBS News
Profiled by CBS News, the guitarist/singer-songwriter discussed his influences when it came to music...
We can all name the biggest acts of most music genres today, like how Kanye West is the king of hip-hop, Adele is the queen of adult contemporary, and Daft Punk are the reigning champions of electro. But who is the new poster child for the blues? With his album Blak and Blu being named one of the best new releases of 2012, Gary Clark Jr. might own that title. Profiled by CBS News, the guitarist/singer-songwriter discussed his musical influences, specifically The Jacksons, and what it's like to bring life to a classic musical genre again. Clark Jr. also talks about his surprise performance with The Rolling Stones, and even performing for President Obama at the White House! Check it out and tell us what you think.
Are you a fan of Gary Clark Jr. and his blues? Let us know in the comments...
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?