Get To Know Gary Clark Jr., The New Face Of Blues on CBS News
Profiled by CBS News, the guitarist/singer-songwriter discussed his influences when it came to music...
We can all name the biggest acts of most music genres today, like how Kanye West is the king of hip-hop, Adele is the queen of adult contemporary, and Daft Punk are the reigning champions of electro. But who is the new poster child for the blues? With his album Blak and Blu being named one of the best new releases of 2012, Gary Clark Jr. might own that title. Profiled by CBS News, the guitarist/singer-songwriter discussed his musical influences, specifically The Jacksons, and what it's like to bring life to a classic musical genre again. Clark Jr. also talks about his surprise performance with The Rolling Stones, and even performing for President Obama at the White House! Check it out and tell us what you think.
Are you a fan of Gary Clark Jr. and his blues? Let us know in the comments...
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'