Sara Bareilles Explains The Powerful Meaning Behind "Brave" With fun.'s Jack Antonoff
Singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles explains the lyrics behind her civil rights anthem for VEVO...
Here at Metrolyrics, it's safe to say that we're all about songwriting and what makes songs tick. Which is why we're pretty thrilled that VEVO has launched a webisode series where artists talk about the lyrics to their latest songs and how they came about. On this episode, singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles describes the process behind her new single "Brave", and she reveals she wrote the song with fun.'s Jack Antonoff. Meeting through mutual friends Tegan And Sara, the pair worked together on the uplifting track, which Sara explains was inspired by her close friend who was fearful of coming out, and Jack explains it's a civil rights anthem. The song's lyrics couldn't be more appropriate at the moment, with the news of the state of California legalizing gay marriage, so watch the video and get to know the words behind Sara Bareilles' "Brave".
What are your thoughts on Sara Bareilles' inspiring track? Let us know in the comments...
- Get Every Lyric Off Emblem 3's New 'Forever Together' EP
- WIN Taylor Swift's Autographed Sheet Music to 'Shake If Off'
- How Many Times Will You Watch One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Video?
- Dave Grohl Explains How The Place You Live Inspires Your Songwriting
- Stream These 15 Boo-tiful Songs About Ghosts
- It's Official! Taylor Swift's '1989' Track List Has Landed
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?