Sara Bareilles Explains The Powerful Meaning Behind "Brave" With fun.'s Jack Antonoff
Singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles explains the lyrics behind her civil rights anthem for VEVO...
Here at Metrolyrics, it's safe to say that we're all about songwriting and what makes songs tick. Which is why we're pretty thrilled that VEVO has launched a webisode series where artists talk about the lyrics to their latest songs and how they came about. On this episode, singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles describes the process behind her new single "Brave", and she reveals she wrote the song with fun.'s Jack Antonoff. Meeting through mutual friends Tegan And Sara, the pair worked together on the uplifting track, which Sara explains was inspired by her close friend who was fearful of coming out, and Jack explains it's a civil rights anthem. The song's lyrics couldn't be more appropriate at the moment, with the news of the state of California legalizing gay marriage, so watch the video and get to know the words behind Sara Bareilles' "Brave".
What are your thoughts on Sara Bareilles' inspiring track? Let us know in the comments...
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist