Go Behind Eminem's "Berzerk" Track + Music Video
Producer Rick Rubin shares how the idea for the throwback hip-hop song came about.
Producer Rick Rubin is one of the music industry's biggest behind-the-scenes player. He's worked with everybody from Jay-Z to Black Sabbath, and of course, was the force behind Def Jam Recordings. He'd been trying to work with Eminem for years, and it seems like now was the time for the duo to meet up, at least according from Rubin himself in the making-of video for Eminem's "Berzerk".
Rubin explains that the song is a clear throwback to not only Slim Shady's early rap days, but the beginning of hip-hop itself, which makes sense because the legendary producer worked with acts like Beastie Boys and Run-D.M.C. when they first started out. See for yourself in the "Berzerk Explained: Behind The Scenes" (part one) on VEVO below:
What do you think of Eminem and Rick Rubin's throwback to old-school hip-hop? Let us know in the comments...
- "Salsa Tequila" Nails All Four Elements In A Hit Summer Single
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us