Go Behind Eminem's "Berzerk" Track + Music Video
Producer Rick Rubin shares how the idea for the throwback hip-hop song came about.
Producer Rick Rubin is one of the music industry's biggest behind-the-scenes player. He's worked with everybody from Jay-Z to Black Sabbath, and of course, was the force behind Def Jam Recordings. He'd been trying to work with Eminem for years, and it seems like now was the time for the duo to meet up, at least according from Rubin himself in the making-of video for Eminem's "Berzerk".
Rubin explains that the song is a clear throwback to not only Slim Shady's early rap days, but the beginning of hip-hop itself, which makes sense because the legendary producer worked with acts like Beastie Boys and Run-D.M.C. when they first started out. See for yourself in the "Berzerk Explained: Behind The Scenes" (part one) on VEVO below:
What do you think of Eminem and Rick Rubin's throwback to old-school hip-hop? Let us know in the comments...
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- The ACMs Turn 50! What Do Luke Bryan & Blake Shelton Have Planned?
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics