Going Inside Daft Punk's 'Random Access Memories'
Does the robotic duo have a good shot at winning Album Of The Year at The GRAMMYs? We investigate.
Hey everyone! We're breaking down every release that's been nominated for Album Of The Year at the 2014 GRAMMYs, and we've already looked into Sara Bareilles' The Blessed Unrest. Now, seeing as Daft Punk's Random Access Memories was on our Top Albums of 2013 list and all, we weren't surprised that the record was nominated for AOTY at Music's Biggest Night. It spawned one of the years' hottest tracks, "Get Lucky", and featured some of the music world's most respected artists like Pharrell Williams, Julian Casablancas of The Strokes, and synth/disco legend Giorgio Moroder. How could this not be nominated for Album Of The Year?
As the fourth studio album under Daft Punk's belts, it was released on May 17th, 2013, to overall favorable reviews by practically everybody with ears. The electronic production duo are experts in making catchy, memorable music, like "Get Lucky", which features 70s guitar legend Nile Rodgers, and with his appearance on the album, has gotten him back in the studio with huge artists such as Avicii. We've come too far to give up who we are, sings Pharrell in the song's pre-chorus, which is not only a fun line to belt at parties, it essentially represents Daft Punk's career in a nutshell (they've been together for over 20 years!).
Another toe-tapping track off RAM that people can't get enough of is "Lose Yourself To Dance", featuring Pharrell once again, which is a groovy jam that we can't find a single thing to dislike about. All in all, the vibe of the album is a wonderful blend of 70s and 80s prog-rock, mixed with the signature robotic vibe that only Daft Punk can offer. Watch the funkadelic music video for "Lose Yourself To Dance" off VEVO below:
For more info on the nominees, Radio.com's experts will take you through each nominee one-by-one in their Inside Album Of The Year feature below:
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman
- Cage the Elephant Gave Us Some Amazing Lyric Art for New Single 'Cigarette Daydreams'