Greg Holden's "The Lost Boy" Handwritten Lyrics
The 'Sons Of Anarchy' track gets written out by some friends of Greg...
Usually, when we receive a set of handwritten lyrics from an artist, they are written out by the musician themselves. In this instance, Aberdeen-native singer/songwriter Greg Holden got a little help from his friends when it came to writing out his words. Greg's heartfelt song "The Lost Boy" was written out by members of The Matsiko World Orphan Choir after a recent performance. Greg told us the story of how the feature came together and gave us some insight into song's inspiration:
"I wrote 'The Lost Boy' after reading the book What is the What? by Dave Eggers. Both are a true story about a Sudanese refugee's life during the Second Sudanese Civil War. After performing with The Matsiko World Orphan Choir at a charity event a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but ask the them if they would be part of this project. Thankfully they were more than happy to do it, and this is what they created. I feel very honoured that such beautiful, inspiring children would be part of something like this."
Check out this very special edition of our handwritten lyrics feature below from Greg Holden and the Matsiko World Orphan Choir (with a second page featuring their autographs!):
"The Lost Boy" originally gained Greg popularity in North America for its feature on the soundtrack of the hit TV show Sons Of Anarchy. Watch the music video for Greg Holden's "The Lost Boy" on YouTube below:
Greg Holden's second album I Don't Believe You is available to download on iTunes today.
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- QUIZ: Do You Know All The Words To "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect