Happy Birthday Miley Cyrus! Her Best Lyrics About Growing Up
Miley Now image c/o Michael Kovac | Miley Then image c/o Peter Kramer (Getty)
That's right, world: Miley turns the big 2-0 today! We can't believe we've been watching her grow up for over six years — that photo above is from 2006 when she was only 14. Miley's music has definitely changed in six years as well, so as a birthday treat for Ms. Cyrus, we thought we'd round up her best lyrics about getting older and wiser. See which songs made the cut:
See You Again
"I've got a way of knowin' when somethin' is right / I feel like I must have known you in another life / 'Cause I felt this deep connection when you looked in my eyes / Now I can't wait to see you again"
Wait, Miley was 15 when she sang this song? We can't even believe it. Those lyrics are something that a 30-year-old could sing, y'all. Feeling a deep connection with somebody is definitely a sign of growing up.
When I Look At You
"Everybody needs inspiration / Everybody needs a song / A beautiful melody when the night's so long / 'Cause there is no guarantee that this life is easy"
You got that right, Miley: life sure isn't easy and neither is getting older. But that's why we need music like yours to get through it!
"The struggles I'm facing / The chances I'm taking / Sometimes might knock me down / But no, I'm not breaking"
One of the most grown-up things you can do is get back up again when you've been burdened with the heavy stuff in life. Take it from Miley!
Can you think of any other Miley lyrics to share on her birthday? Share them with us!
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video
- Watch Sultry Soul Singer Jenn Em's New 'Jailkeeper' Lyric Video
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic's Hilarious Parody of Pharrell's 'Happy'
- Are You In The Pretty Reckless's "Heaven Knows" Lyric Video?