Happy Birthday Miley Cyrus! Her Best Lyrics About Growing Up
Miley Now image c/o Michael Kovac | Miley Then image c/o Peter Kramer (Getty)
That's right, world: Miley turns the big 2-0 today! We can't believe we've been watching her grow up for over six years — that photo above is from 2006 when she was only 14. Miley's music has definitely changed in six years as well, so as a birthday treat for Ms. Cyrus, we thought we'd round up her best lyrics about getting older and wiser. See which songs made the cut:
See You Again
"I've got a way of knowin' when somethin' is right / I feel like I must have known you in another life / 'Cause I felt this deep connection when you looked in my eyes / Now I can't wait to see you again"
Wait, Miley was 15 when she sang this song? We can't even believe it. Those lyrics are something that a 30-year-old could sing, y'all. Feeling a deep connection with somebody is definitely a sign of growing up.
When I Look At You
"Everybody needs inspiration / Everybody needs a song / A beautiful melody when the night's so long / 'Cause there is no guarantee that this life is easy"
You got that right, Miley: life sure isn't easy and neither is getting older. But that's why we need music like yours to get through it!
"The struggles I'm facing / The chances I'm taking / Sometimes might knock me down / But no, I'm not breaking"
One of the most grown-up things you can do is get back up again when you've been burdened with the heavy stuff in life. Take it from Miley!
Can you think of any other Miley lyrics to share on her birthday? Share them with us!
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'