Happy Birthday, Paul Simon!
Can you believe that Paul Simon of legendary Simon & Garfunkel fame is 70 today? Happy b-day, you lyrical genius, you! Sure, you knew that Paul gave us some of the most iconic folk-rock tunes in music ("The Sound Of Silence", "Mrs. Robinson"), but did you know these facts about Mr. Simon?
- He met his musical partner Art Garfunkel at 11 years old
- He earned a degree in English Literature from Queens University
- Simon and Garfunkel's hit "Cecilia" was covered in 2008 by indie band Local Natives
- His solo effort "Mother And Child Reunion" is considered to be one of the first reggae songs by a white musician
- He played the role of Tony Lacey in Woody Allen's classic film Annie Hall
There's more where that came from! WOMC compiled a list of 70 Paul Simon facts in honor of the singer/songwriter's birthday. That's a lot of Paul Simon info!
Even though this iconic performer is now the big 7-0, he's showing no signs of slowing down. He recently announced a Graceland reunion tour for 2012, as well as a limited-edition box set of his classic Graceland album, and even a collection of his favorite songs on a 2-disc set entitled Songwriter. I guess 70 is the new 40!
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend