Happy Nothing Day! Five Songs About "Nothing" (Playlistin')
That's right, you read it correctly: July 6th is, simply put, Nothing Day. The origins of this holiday are unknown, but we're assuming it was created by an individual who felt like, well, doing nothing! So how do we celebrate this, er, interesting holiday? We rounded up five songs that are all about "nothing", so sit back, relax, and do nothing while we count down the best songs about nothing at all...
5. Lady Gaga — Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
"I have something that I love long, long / But my friends keepa' tellin' me that something's wrong / Then I met someone / And eh, there's nothing else I can say"
4. Metallica — Nothing Else Matters
"So close, no matter how far / Couldn't be much more from the heart / Forever trusting who we are / And nothing else matters"
3. Whitney Houston — I Have Nothing
"Don't walk away from me / I have nothing, nothing, nothing / If I don't have you, you, you, you, you"
2. Kanye West — Can't Tell Me Nothing
"Excuse me? Was you saying something? / Uh uh, you can't tell me nothing / You can't tell me nothing / Uh uh, you can't tell me nothing"
1. Sinead O'Connor — Nothing Compares 2 U
"But nothing / I said nothing can take away these blues / 'Cause nothing compares / Nothing compares to you"
Are there any other songs about nothing that you can think of? Let us know!
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele