Imagine Dragons Lead the 2014 Billboard Music Awards Finalists
Plus Lorde, Katy, and Miley are all nominated: see the list of potential winners!
The 2014 Billboard Music Awards -- or the BBMAs -- are goin' down on May 18th, live from Las Vegas, and the list of finalists who are up for an award or two were announced today. What qualifies an act to be a finalist to snag a BBMA? The famous chart site measures the album sales, radio play, tour dates, activity on social media over a year period, and whoever has the highest score when it comes to those factors can qualify.
This year, the leaders are massive rock group Imagine Dragons, who owe a lot of their success to their chart-topping (and remaining!) hit "Radioactive". Following in their footsteps is Lorde, who along with her signature track "Royals", has also taken the world by storm with her compelling performances and multiple GRAMMY wins.
Check out the finalists for each of these major BBMAs categories, which YOU can vote for starting next week (April 21st):
Top Hot 100 Song
Miley Cyrus - "Wrecking Ball"
Imagine Dragons - "Radioactive"
Lorde - "Royals"
Katy Perry - "Roar"
Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. - "Blurred Lines"
Top Billboard 200 Album
Beyonce - Beyonce
Luke Bryan - Crash My Party
Drake - Nothing Was The Same
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2
Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
Florida Georgia Line
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Top New Artist
Top Male Artist
Top Female Artist
For the rest of the finalists, head on over to billboard.com/bbmas.
Watch the music video for Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" off VEVO below:
Who are you going to vote for in hopes they win big at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards? Let us know in the comments.
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video