Inside Sara Bareilles' 'The Blessed Unrest'
It's up for Album Of The Year at The GRAMMYs: could it win?
It's probably the most coveted award to receive at the GRAMMYs, and pop-rock singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles is up for it: Album Of The Year! That's right, the "Brave" hit maker has a 1/5 chance in winning a coveted AOTY GRAMMY with The Blessed Unrest, and even though we didn't predict it being in the running back when we cast our bets on the nominees, we're still thrilled she received a nod.
Released on July 12th, 2013, Sara's third studio album was already off to a good start with the slow-but-steady chart success of "Brave", an anthem penned for a friend who was unsure about revealing their sexuality to the world. Building up the chorus with the words I wonder what would happen if you say what you wanna say / And let the words fall out, the tune is now not only an anthem for gay rights, but simply for having the courage to say what you want to say and being true to yourself.
Along with "Brave", another track off The Blessed Unrest, "I Choose You", is striking a chord with listeners everywhere. The gorgeous love song boasts the words My whole heart / Will be yours forever / This is a beautiful start / To a lifelong love letter, making it a shoe-in for any upcoming Valentine's Day playlist as the romantic day approaches.
Overall, we think Sara Bareilles has a pretty good chance of taking home the Album Of The Year award at the 2014 GRAMMYs. Check out the audio for "I Choose You" off VEVO below:
For more info on the nominees, Radio.com's experts will take you through each nominee one-by-one in their Inside Album Of The Year feature below:
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?