Interview: Gotye Talks To KROQ
Guys, we think we found the new breakup song that everybody can't stop blasting. That's right, Adele, you've been replaced! Australian musician Gotye is resonating with people around the world with his anti-love anthem "Somebody That I Used To Know". His lyrics have been looked up so much that he's taken the #11 spot in our Top 100 searched lyrics! Gotye's getting so much attention that famous radio station KROQ just had to snag him for an interview.
In the interview, Gotye (AKA Wouter "Wally" De Backer — with a big name like that, you can see why he adopted a stage moniker!) discusses what makes him tick musically and through visual art. If you've seen the video for "Somebody That I Used To Know", you'll see the kind of intriguing surrealist art that Gotye is into. According to KROQ, the musician was inspired by his father's artwork from the 1980s.
Here's Part One of KROQ's interview with Gotye:
For Part Two, head on over to KROQ's page to get the scoop.
What do you think of Gotye and his song and video? Let us know in the comments.
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"