Interview: Gotye Talks To KROQ
Guys, we think we found the new breakup song that everybody can't stop blasting. That's right, Adele, you've been replaced! Australian musician Gotye is resonating with people around the world with his anti-love anthem "Somebody That I Used To Know". His lyrics have been looked up so much that he's taken the #11 spot in our Top 100 searched lyrics! Gotye's getting so much attention that famous radio station KROQ just had to snag him for an interview.
In the interview, Gotye (AKA Wouter "Wally" De Backer — with a big name like that, you can see why he adopted a stage moniker!) discusses what makes him tick musically and through visual art. If you've seen the video for "Somebody That I Used To Know", you'll see the kind of intriguing surrealist art that Gotye is into. According to KROQ, the musician was inspired by his father's artwork from the 1980s.
Here's Part One of KROQ's interview with Gotye:
For Part Two, head on over to KROQ's page to get the scoop.
What do you think of Gotye and his song and video? Let us know in the comments.
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why