Is Kanye West's Runaway About Amber Rose?
On Wednesday night, the Watch The Throne tour hit Philadelphia and some...interesting facts came out about Kanye's relationship with a certain Philly native. At the show, before playing his song "Runaway", Kanye said this:
To the city of Philly, I wanna thank yall for making the incredible person that this song was made for. The one place I f**ked up was... I thought you would always be mine. If you love someone tonight hold on real tight. Philly has beautiful women, especially the one I lost and took for granted.
Of course, the most obvious Philly lady Kanye West was (most likely) referring to is former girlfriend Amber Rose. Lets take a look at the "Runaway" lyrics to see if we can spot any clues:
And I always find, yeah, I always find something wrong / You been putting up with my sh*t just way too long / I'm so gifted at finding what I don't like the most
Kanye often talks in his lyrics about being unsatisfied, and always wanting more. It seems like he's the same way with women, always having a wandering eye and never being thankful for what he has.
Let's have a toast for the jerkoffs / That'll never take work off / Baby, I got a plan / Run away fast as you can
He was apparently way too into his work, and would never take time off to spend with his girlfriend. He's telling women to run away from guys like him. This could be Yeezy reflecting on his life after Amber Rose left him.
See, I could have me a good girl / And still be addicted to them hood rats / And I just blame everything on you / At least you know that's what I'm good at
It sounds like in their relationship he just blamed everything on her, was unfaithful, and didn't treat her right. This obviously ended up in her leaving him. She "ran away" just like his actions were telling her to.
Do you think this song is about Amber Rose? Do you think Kanye's still in love with her? Think they'll ever get back together? Give us your opinion in the comments!
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video