It's Fat Tuesday! The 5 Best Songs About Food
Happy Mardi Gras, everybody! Celebrate with these delicious tunes.
Happy Fat Tuesday, everybody! That's right, today marks the annual Mardi Gras celebrations, and what better way to pay homage to the event by stuffing your face? We saw the hashtag #FoodSongs on Twitter and knew right away we'd have to jump on the train, racking our brains to come up with the best delectable pop songs. Count them down with us this Fat Tuesday, and make sure you have a few snacks with you:
5. Lollipop -- Lil Wayne
We know that this song isn't exactly about the actual candy on a stick, but it makes us hungry anyways!
4. Sweet Potato -- Sia
Telling a tale of two lovers with everything from aubergines to Mars bars in between, we originally thought Sia's "Sweet Potato" was an ode to food...maybe it is?
3. Chicken Fried -- Zac Brown Band
We also like our chicken fried, Zac Brown. Bring on the KFC!
2. Jerk Ribs -- Kelis
Kelis' rhythmic jam may have nothing to do with jerk ribs at all, but the song's title certainly makes us long for the Caribbean delicacy. Is that our stomachs rumbling?
1. Banana Pancakes -- Jack Johnson
Let's face it: banana pancakes are one of the world's greatest breakfast foods. So it only made sense that Jack Johnson wrote a song about them. Especially when covered in walnuts and maple syrup, yum.
Check out our Fat Tuesday playlist with all of the songs listed above off our YouTube page!
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs