It's Mardi Gras! Five Songs For Fat Tuesday
Happy Fat Tuesday, everyone! Today's the day to eat, drink, and be merry, so we thought of five songs to accompany your Mardi Gras party. So let loose, shake what your mama gave you and get down to these tunes inspired by Fat Tuesday:
Britney Spears - I Love Rock 'N' Roll
In case y'all didn't know, BritBrit hails from Louisiana, so we know she'll be celebrating Mardi Gras tonight! Why not blast Britney's cover of Joan Jett's rock anthem and party down tonight?
Paul Simon - Take Me To The Mardi Gras
We wish we were in New Orleans for Fat Tuesday, and so does Paul Simon! The folk legend sings about traveling to the south "where the people sing and play": wouldn't it be great to just pack your bags and take a southern road trip?
Fats Domino - Walking To New Orleans
One of New Orleans' most cherished performers, Fats Domino sings about his hometown in this little Fat Tuesday number. We're assuming he's walking home to celebrate Mardi Gras? :P
Lil Wayne - New Orleans Maniac
A self-proclaimed New Orleans native, Lil Wayne loves to name-drop his hometown. The guy will be reppin' The Big Easy his whole career! You can see why we had to put a Weezy jam on this Mardi Gras list!
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Eat It
Since it's Fat Tuesday and all, it's tradition to stuff your face on this fine day. Feel free to "have some more chicken, have some more pie, it doesn't matter if it's boiled or fried"! Take it from "Weird Al" Yankovic: just eat it!
Are there any Fat Tuesday songs you'd like to share? Let us know in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015