J.Cole Apologizes For Lyrics About Autism On Blog
J. Cole took to his blog to defend his freestyle lyrics from Drake's song "Jodeci Freestyle"...
After Drake dropped his new song "Jodeci Freestyle" featuring a controversial verse from J.Cole, the Born Sinner rapper took to his blog to apologize for his offensive reference to autism. The line in question I'm artistic, you n****s is autistic, retarded, and while J. Cole states on his blog that he believes rappers should not apologize for his lyrics, he thought he should offer his sincerest condolences to anybody who found the lyrics tasteless. States the hip-hop star:
"In a recent verse on the song "Jodeci Freestyle", I said something highly offensive to people with Autism. Last week, when I first saw a comment from someone outraged about the lyric, I realized right away that what I said was wrong. I was instantly embarrassed that I would be ignorant enough say something so hurtful. What makes the crime worse is that I should have known better."
Do you think that J. Cole did the right thing by apologizing for his lyrics, or should he have stayed true to his original mantra and ignored the haters? Let us know what you think.
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'