J.Cole Apologizes For Lyrics About Autism On Blog
J. Cole took to his blog to defend his freestyle lyrics from Drake's song "Jodeci Freestyle"...
After Drake dropped his new song "Jodeci Freestyle" featuring a controversial verse from J.Cole, the Born Sinner rapper took to his blog to apologize for his offensive reference to autism. The line in question I'm artistic, you n****s is autistic, retarded, and while J. Cole states on his blog that he believes rappers should not apologize for his lyrics, he thought he should offer his sincerest condolences to anybody who found the lyrics tasteless. States the hip-hop star:
"In a recent verse on the song "Jodeci Freestyle", I said something highly offensive to people with Autism. Last week, when I first saw a comment from someone outraged about the lyric, I realized right away that what I said was wrong. I was instantly embarrassed that I would be ignorant enough say something so hurtful. What makes the crime worse is that I should have known better."
Do you think that J. Cole did the right thing by apologizing for his lyrics, or should he have stayed true to his original mantra and ignored the haters? Let us know what you think.
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics