Jack White's Blunderbuss: Finally, A Solo Album from the Ex-White Stripe
We can call singer/songwriter/guitarist/overall musician Jack White a legend now, right? In the music biz since the 90s, mostly famous for fronting one of the coolest rock bands of all time The White Stripes (as well as side projects The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather), Mr. White has never released a record of his own: until now. Blunderbuss, which is defined as 'an action or way of doing something regarded as lacking in subtlety and precision', is a perfectly ironic title for the album — White is known for putting plenty of work into his music.
As far as the lyrics go on Blunderbuss, the recently-divorced rocker definitely taps into his mixed emotions about love (see "Love Interruption"), and even used his daughter for inspiration on the current single "Sixteen Saltines": apparently that's what she demanded to eat one day, and White thought it was so clever he made a song about it!
With elements of bluegrass, Americana, and the fuzzy blues-rock that The White Stripes were known for, Jack White's Blunderbuss is everything that White Stripes/Raconteurs/Dead Weather fans have been waiting for and more. Check out the full tracklisting and lyrics here:
1. Missing Pieces
2. Sixteen Saltines
3. Freedom At 21
4. Love Interruption
6. Hypocritical Kiss
7. Weep Themselves To Sleep
8. I'm Shakin'
9. Trash Tongue Talker
10. Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy
11. I Guess I Should Go To Sleep
12. On And On And On
13. Take Me With You When You Go
Pick up Blunderbuss today wherever you get your music. Are you stoked for Jack White's first solo album?
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video