Jack White's Blunderbuss: Finally, A Solo Album from the Ex-White Stripe
We can call singer/songwriter/guitarist/overall musician Jack White a legend now, right? In the music biz since the 90s, mostly famous for fronting one of the coolest rock bands of all time The White Stripes (as well as side projects The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather), Mr. White has never released a record of his own: until now. Blunderbuss, which is defined as 'an action or way of doing something regarded as lacking in subtlety and precision', is a perfectly ironic title for the album — White is known for putting plenty of work into his music.
As far as the lyrics go on Blunderbuss, the recently-divorced rocker definitely taps into his mixed emotions about love (see "Love Interruption"), and even used his daughter for inspiration on the current single "Sixteen Saltines": apparently that's what she demanded to eat one day, and White thought it was so clever he made a song about it!
With elements of bluegrass, Americana, and the fuzzy blues-rock that The White Stripes were known for, Jack White's Blunderbuss is everything that White Stripes/Raconteurs/Dead Weather fans have been waiting for and more. Check out the full tracklisting and lyrics here:
1. Missing Pieces
2. Sixteen Saltines
3. Freedom At 21
4. Love Interruption
6. Hypocritical Kiss
7. Weep Themselves To Sleep
8. I'm Shakin'
9. Trash Tongue Talker
10. Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy
11. I Guess I Should Go To Sleep
12. On And On And On
13. Take Me With You When You Go
Pick up Blunderbuss today wherever you get your music. Are you stoked for Jack White's first solo album?
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video
- Watch Sultry Soul Singer Jenn Em's New 'Jailkeeper' Lyric Video
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic's Hilarious Parody of Pharrell's 'Happy'
- Are You In The Pretty Reckless's "Heaven Knows" Lyric Video?