Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
The singer-songwriter discusses the meaning of his upcoming concept album and shares the record's title track
Jamie Scott, the singer-songwriter formerly heading up Graffiti6, is readying the release his debut solo album My Hurricane this September, and in a new clip from our BETWEEN THE LINES feature, the singer delves into the concept behind his upcoming LP exclusively for MetroLyrics. In the clip, Jamie tells explains that the album is a concept record intended to follow a couple throughout their lives. The LP's title track, "My Hurricane," is included twice on the album, once as an acoustic version and again with a full band, both of which act as bookends to the album symbolizing the couple's full circle journey. As for the title itself, it's intended to reference the whirlwind journey of life. Watch the video above for the full story from Jamie himself.
And be sure to watch the brand new lyric video for "My Hurricane" (the full band version) below.
For more Jamie, head right here to watch a longer interview, courtesy of our sister site Last.fm as part of their Last Word series.
Watch a previous episode of Between the Lines with Jamie where he shares the story behind "Unbreakable," another song that will be included on My Hurricane.
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'
- Owl City Premieres New 'Wolf Bite' Video, Shares Handwritten Lyrics
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video