Jay Z Drops The Hyphen From His Name
Looks like we'll have to edit a bunch of lyrics with the rapper's old hyphenated name!
With the release of Jay Z's Magna Carta Holy Grail, you'd think we'd all clue in regarding the rapper's name change with the track "JAY Z BLUE": he's officially dropped the hyphen from his moniker. Looking for conformation? Here's a tweet from Billboard editor Joe Levy:
Breaking: Jay Z has dropped the hyphen from his name, according to his label. I am not kidding. (Wish I was.) Copy editors: take note.— Joe Levy (@RealJoeLevy) July 18, 2013
It's not THAT severe of a name change — it's just a punctuation difference — but this means that not only is our artist page for Jay now needs updating, song titles like "Jockin' Jay-Z" need a little facelift too. Not to mention songs that drop Jay's name in their lyrics, like Miley Cyrus' "Party In The USA": That's when the taxi man turned on the radio / And the Jay-Z song was on...
Long story short, we think it's cool you dropped the hyphen from your name, Jay Z, but maybe warn us next time so we can edit our artist pages and lyrics. What do you think of Jay Z's name change? Let us know in the comments.
- You+Me Drop New Lyric Video for "Capsized"
- The 5 Most Pin-Able Lyrics From One Direction's "Steal My Girl"
- Lorde Channels Katniss In Her "Yellow Flicker Beat" Lyrics
- Fleetwood Mac Returns! Co-Founder Mick Fleetwood Dishes On Reunion Tour
- Check Out the Lyrics to Three Days Grace's "I Am Machine" Ahead of Release
- Ne-Yo's Back! WATCH His "She Knows" Lyric Video ft. Juicy J
- AUDIO: Kendrick Lamar's "i" Is Blowing Up The Internet