Jay-Z Responds To Cuba Controversy With New Song "Open Letter"
Never one to be cornered, Jay-Z fires back at his haters who are criticizing his recent trip to Cuba to celebrate his anniversary with wife Beyoncé. Fittingly, HOVA responds through verse, releasing a new track entitled "Open Letter." The song also takes shots at Brooklyn Nets execs, following the much publicized rumored sale of Jay's stake in the NBA franchise.
The song is indeed an open letter. Instead of calling out individuals by name, HOVA let's everyone know he doesn't respond to criticism lightly. Here are but a few choice lyrics from the track:
"You getting too much bread they try to jam you"
"Politicians never did sh*t for me, except lie to me, distort history"
"Obama said 'Chill you gon get me impeached / You don't need this shit anyway, chill with me on the beach'"
Listen to the song below, via Soundcloud:
What do you think of "Open Letter"? Tell us in the comments.
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman
- Cage the Elephant Gave Us Some Amazing Lyric Art for New Single 'Cigarette Daydreams'
- Watch Foo Fighters & Heart Play 'Kick It Out' on Letterman