Jay-Z Responds To Cuba Controversy With New Song "Open Letter"
Never one to be cornered, Jay-Z fires back at his haters who are criticizing his recent trip to Cuba to celebrate his anniversary with wife Beyoncé. Fittingly, HOVA responds through verse, releasing a new track entitled "Open Letter." The song also takes shots at Brooklyn Nets execs, following the much publicized rumored sale of Jay's stake in the NBA franchise.
The song is indeed an open letter. Instead of calling out individuals by name, HOVA let's everyone know he doesn't respond to criticism lightly. Here are but a few choice lyrics from the track:
"You getting too much bread they try to jam you"
"Politicians never did sh*t for me, except lie to me, distort history"
"Obama said 'Chill you gon get me impeached / You don't need this shit anyway, chill with me on the beach'"
Listen to the song below, via Soundcloud:
What do you think of "Open Letter"? Tell us in the comments.
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings