Jay-Z Responds To Cuba Controversy With New Song "Open Letter"
Never one to be cornered, Jay-Z fires back at his haters who are criticizing his recent trip to Cuba to celebrate his anniversary with wife Beyoncé. Fittingly, HOVA responds through verse, releasing a new track entitled "Open Letter." The song also takes shots at Brooklyn Nets execs, following the much publicized rumored sale of Jay's stake in the NBA franchise.
The song is indeed an open letter. Instead of calling out individuals by name, HOVA let's everyone know he doesn't respond to criticism lightly. Here are but a few choice lyrics from the track:
"You getting too much bread they try to jam you"
"Politicians never did sh*t for me, except lie to me, distort history"
"Obama said 'Chill you gon get me impeached / You don't need this shit anyway, chill with me on the beach'"
Listen to the song below, via Soundcloud:
What do you think of "Open Letter"? Tell us in the comments.
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games