Jay-Z Responds To Cuba Controversy With New Song "Open Letter"
Never one to be cornered, Jay-Z fires back at his haters who are criticizing his recent trip to Cuba to celebrate his anniversary with wife Beyoncé. Fittingly, HOVA responds through verse, releasing a new track entitled "Open Letter." The song also takes shots at Brooklyn Nets execs, following the much publicized rumored sale of Jay's stake in the NBA franchise.
The song is indeed an open letter. Instead of calling out individuals by name, HOVA let's everyone know he doesn't respond to criticism lightly. Here are but a few choice lyrics from the track:
"You getting too much bread they try to jam you"
"Politicians never did sh*t for me, except lie to me, distort history"
"Obama said 'Chill you gon get me impeached / You don't need this shit anyway, chill with me on the beach'"
Listen to the song below, via Soundcloud:
What do you think of "Open Letter"? Tell us in the comments.
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party