Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
The 22-year-old country singer hand wrote out the lyrics, and we can all learn a little something about living like a river from them.
If there's one thing that 22-year-old country up-and-comer Joel Crouse wants to get across in his lyrics it's honesty. "My songs will always be about honest experience," says the singer-songwriter in the press release for his debut LP Even the River Runs. "I always want to be the one telling my story." And judging by the songwriting on his new album, Joel's story involves one heck of a good time. The LP's title track, "Even the River Runs," takes us for a ride on the banks of the Missouri river, with a full tank of gas, with your sweetheart sitting next to you on the bench seat. But beyond the literal, the song is also a lesson in why we should all aspire to live our lives a little more like a river — because rivers never sit still!
To celebrate today's release of the album, we had Joel write out the lyrics to "Even the River Runs" as part of our handwritten lyric feature. Scroll down to read the lyrics in Joel's own writing as you listen along to the song.
Here's Joel writing them out, and from the comfort of his own couch, no less.
Watch Joel's music video for "Even the River Runs" below via VEVO:
Country Artist Joel Crouse Gives Us A Glimpse Into His Musical Mind [ACM Awards Edition]
Pick up Joel's new album off iTunes today, and keep up with him via his Facebook and Twitter pages.
Do you have a favorite lyric from Joel Crouse's "Even the River Runs"? Tell it to us in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing