John Mayer "Humiliated" by Taylor Swift 'Dear John' Lyrics
In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Mayer says he was "humiliated" by Taylor's song. "I didn't deserve it. I'm pretty good at taking accountability now, and I never did anything to deserve that. It was a really lousy thing for her to do, " explained Mayer.
A closer look at the lyrics to "Dear John" show some pretty strong words from Swift:
"Dear John, I see it all now it was wrong / Don't you think nineteen's too young to be played with? / Your dark twisted games when I loved you so / I should've known"
And from the looks of things, Mayer didn't even see it coming, saying "I was really caught off-guard, and it really humiliated me at a time when I'd already been dressed down. I mean, how would you feel if, at the lowest you've ever been, someone kicked you even lower?"
So we wanna know what you think? Was Taylor Swift's song "Dear John" a cheap shot or was it justified? Tell us your opinion in the comments.
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'