Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
The duo tell us the story behind the song in our new episode of BETWEEN THE LINES
Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like nothing's going right? Johnnyswim's Abner and Amanda opened up to us in our latest episode of BETWEEN THE LINES about a gruelling day of songwriting that wasn't going anywhere. "We'd been writing these very poppy songs, and it wasn't really working," Abner recalls about the session, so the duo decided they'd scratch all the progress they'd made and start from their roots. "A lot of our musical heritage is from Nashville," Abner continues, "So I said 'Man, I want to write a song about something so country...let's write about a girl named Peggy Sue!'" The pair go on to admit that they were slightly surprised by Abner's sudden country inspiration, but after letting the creativity run free, "Home" was born. Watch the clip in the player above for the full story from Johnnyswim.
Want to get to know Johnnyswim a little better? Hit them up on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Watch prior BETWEEN THE LINES episodes:
- Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
- Dierks Bentley Explains The Emotional Story Behind 'I Hold On'
- Jamie Scott Teases New Song 'Unbreakable', Explains Why He Had to Keep it For Himself
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
Be sure to check out our YouTube page for more exclusive interviews, song explanations, and more.
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman
- Cage the Elephant Gave Us Some Amazing Lyric Art for New Single 'Cigarette Daydreams'
- Watch Foo Fighters & Heart Play 'Kick It Out' on Letterman
- Tove Lo Breaks Down Every Song Off Her 'Truth Serum' EP
- 5 Times Taylor Swift's "Out Of The Woods" References Harry Styles