Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
The duo tell us the story behind the song in our new episode of BETWEEN THE LINES
Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like nothing's going right? Johnnyswim's Abner and Amanda opened up to us in our latest episode of BETWEEN THE LINES about a gruelling day of songwriting that wasn't going anywhere. "We'd been writing these very poppy songs, and it wasn't really working," Abner recalls about the session, so the duo decided they'd scratch all the progress they'd made and start from their roots. "A lot of our musical heritage is from Nashville," Abner continues, "So I said 'Man, I want to write a song about something so country...let's write about a girl named Peggy Sue!'" The pair go on to admit that they were slightly surprised by Abner's sudden country inspiration, but after letting the creativity run free, "Home" was born. Watch the clip in the player above for the full story from Johnnyswim.
Want to get to know Johnnyswim a little better? Hit them up on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Watch prior BETWEEN THE LINES episodes:
- Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
- Dierks Bentley Explains The Emotional Story Behind 'I Hold On'
- Jamie Scott Teases New Song 'Unbreakable', Explains Why He Had to Keep it For Himself
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
Be sure to check out our YouTube page for more exclusive interviews, song explanations, and more.
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele