Josh Thompson Wants You To 'Turn It Up' (HANDWRITTEN LYRICS)
TURN UP, Country Style!
Country artist Josh Thompson's new album Turn It Up is a collection of songs about living the good life, a message that's no more driven home than on the album's title track. "Turn up the music / Turn up the band / Turn up the cold one there in your hand," sings Thompson on the song's chorus. It's an anthem for the working class that revels in the weekend, celebrating the moment when it's time to clock out of your daily 9-to-5 and turn up the good times.
A few week's back, Josh stopped by our office and hang out, and he was kind enough to handwrite out the lyrics to "Turn It Up" for us. To celebrate the album's release last week, we're posting them below. Check 'em out and be sure to pick up Josh's new album on iTunes if you're in need of more songs like this one.
Watch Josh perform "Turn It Up," courtesy of Taste of Country.
And here's a red-carpet interview that Josh gave ahead of last night's ACM Awards, where he debuted a new look, sans ponytail! Head right here for highlights and a winner's list from last night's ACM Awards.
For more Josh Thompson, follow him on Facebook and Twitter, and check out his "Cold Beer With Your Name On It" lyric video that we featured a while back.
Got a favorite lyric from "Turn It Up"? Share it with us in the comments.
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings