Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" Video: Inspired By *NSYNC'S "Girlfriend"?
You can finally breathe a sigh of relief, Beliebers: Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" video was released just before 5pm PST time yesterday on MTV! Looks like all of those weird, dark images of Bieber whispering to a girl and water dripping were just some sort of intro for the video, and the actual clip features Justin hanging with cool, attractive people somewhere in L.A. surrounded by cars. Does it...look familiar to you?
It's a familiar scene because, well, it's happened before! *NSYNC featuring Nelly's "Girlfriend" video (which debuted about 10 years ago) has exactly the same plotline! The guys from *SYNC plus their pal Nelly hop around cars and impress girls with their smooth vocal stylings, cooing at them to be their girlfriends. Justin, you're doing the EXACT same thing, except convincing them that you should be their BOYFRIEND, not the other way around!
Check the videos and see for yourself: the first one is the Biebs and the second is *NSYNC...
Do you agree with the simliarities in the videos? Let us know in the comments!
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!