Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" Video: Inspired By *NSYNC'S "Girlfriend"?
You can finally breathe a sigh of relief, Beliebers: Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" video was released just before 5pm PST time yesterday on MTV! Looks like all of those weird, dark images of Bieber whispering to a girl and water dripping were just some sort of intro for the video, and the actual clip features Justin hanging with cool, attractive people somewhere in L.A. surrounded by cars. Does it...look familiar to you?
It's a familiar scene because, well, it's happened before! *NSYNC featuring Nelly's "Girlfriend" video (which debuted about 10 years ago) has exactly the same plotline! The guys from *SYNC plus their pal Nelly hop around cars and impress girls with their smooth vocal stylings, cooing at them to be their girlfriends. Justin, you're doing the EXACT same thing, except convincing them that you should be their BOYFRIEND, not the other way around!
Check the videos and see for yourself: the first one is the Biebs and the second is *NSYNC...
Do you agree with the simliarities in the videos? Let us know in the comments!
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing
- Check Out Every Lyric Off Rising-Star Kat Dahlia's Debut Album
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist