Kanye West Criticized For Parkinson's Lyric
Find out the lyric in question.
Of all the controversial lyrics on Kanye West's Yeezus — and there are a lot of them — one lyric in particular has Parkinson's advocacy groups accusing Kanye of "an inexcusable level of stupidity," The Guardian reports. The lyric in question? It comes from Yeezy's song "On Sight" and reads as follows: "Soon as I pull up and park the Benz / We get this bitch shaking like Parkinson's."
A statement from Parkinson's UK's chief executive Steve Ford reads, "Life with Parkinson's is difficult enough without becoming fodder for insensitive celebrities, who should know better." The criticism was reiterated by American Parkinson Disease VP Kathryn Whitford who called the lyric "distatsteful and the product of obvious ignorance," according to TMZ.
So far Kanye has yet to respond to the criticism.
Watch a video of Kanye performing "New Slaves" on SNL below.
Is the controversy around Kanye's lyric justified? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz