Kanye West Criticized For Parkinson's Lyric
Find out the lyric in question.
Of all the controversial lyrics on Kanye West's Yeezus — and there are a lot of them — one lyric in particular has Parkinson's advocacy groups accusing Kanye of "an inexcusable level of stupidity," The Guardian reports. The lyric in question? It comes from Yeezy's song "On Sight" and reads as follows: "Soon as I pull up and park the Benz / We get this bitch shaking like Parkinson's."
A statement from Parkinson's UK's chief executive Steve Ford reads, "Life with Parkinson's is difficult enough without becoming fodder for insensitive celebrities, who should know better." The criticism was reiterated by American Parkinson Disease VP Kathryn Whitford who called the lyric "distatsteful and the product of obvious ignorance," according to TMZ.
So far Kanye has yet to respond to the criticism.
Watch a video of Kanye performing "New Slaves" on SNL below.
Is the controversy around Kanye's lyric justified? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party