Kanye West Criticized For Parkinson's Lyric
Find out the lyric in question.
Of all the controversial lyrics on Kanye West's Yeezus — and there are a lot of them — one lyric in particular has Parkinson's advocacy groups accusing Kanye of "an inexcusable level of stupidity," The Guardian reports. The lyric in question? It comes from Yeezy's song "On Sight" and reads as follows: "Soon as I pull up and park the Benz / We get this bitch shaking like Parkinson's."
A statement from Parkinson's UK's chief executive Steve Ford reads, "Life with Parkinson's is difficult enough without becoming fodder for insensitive celebrities, who should know better." The criticism was reiterated by American Parkinson Disease VP Kathryn Whitford who called the lyric "distatsteful and the product of obvious ignorance," according to TMZ.
So far Kanye has yet to respond to the criticism.
Watch a video of Kanye performing "New Slaves" on SNL below.
Is the controversy around Kanye's lyric justified? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- 10 New Pop Tracks We're Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The 10 Best Performances At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"