Kanye West Criticized For Parkinson's Lyric
Find out the lyric in question.
Of all the controversial lyrics on Kanye West's Yeezus — and there are a lot of them — one lyric in particular has Parkinson's advocacy groups accusing Kanye of "an inexcusable level of stupidity," The Guardian reports. The lyric in question? It comes from Yeezy's song "On Sight" and reads as follows: "Soon as I pull up and park the Benz / We get this bitch shaking like Parkinson's."
A statement from Parkinson's UK's chief executive Steve Ford reads, "Life with Parkinson's is difficult enough without becoming fodder for insensitive celebrities, who should know better." The criticism was reiterated by American Parkinson Disease VP Kathryn Whitford who called the lyric "distatsteful and the product of obvious ignorance," according to TMZ.
So far Kanye has yet to respond to the criticism.
Watch a video of Kanye performing "New Slaves" on SNL below.
Is the controversy around Kanye's lyric justified? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'