Kanye West's Post-2009-VMAs Rant Leaks Online
The rapper let off some steam about how hard he worked on his lyrics...
Image c/o Kevin Winter (Getty)
News site Gawker dug up an old recording of Kanye West in NYC after the 2009 VMAs went down: remember when Kanye took the mic from Taylor Swift when she won the award for Best Video and he thought it should have gone to Beyonce? Well, it turns out the rapper had more things to say on the state of pop culture after that infamous night went down. Although there's no context to go along with the recording, Kanye's rants seem to point to the fact that he was upset with how hard he worked on his lyrics to 2008's 808s & Heartbreak. Here's a quote to prove that theory:
"I canceled appointments to rewrite! I f****** care! ...Because I did that, Taylor Swift cannot win over Beyonce! Because I wrote my verse in two days, Taylor Swift cannot beat Beyonce!"
Kanye also goes on about not being asked to perform at the awards show, but Pink performed twice, and questions this because of his race:
"Pink performed twice! Two songs? How the f*** Pink perform two songs and I didn't even get asked to perform 'Heartless'...'Heartless' is the biggest song of the year! It had the most spins of the first quarter! I don't know that Pink song! But I noticed that she's pink!"
To show no hard feelings, Pink tweeted the following:
Oh come on y'all... If people secretly recorded me and all the s*** I talk.... It's all good. All love. And we all still here. Peace please— P!nk (@Pink) July 19, 2013
What do you think of Kanye's rant about the 2009 VMAs? Let us know your thoughts...
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'