Kat McNamara Shares Her Handwritten Lyrics to "Chatter"
Plus, find out her inspiration behind the lyrics in a video interview...
Triple-threat Kat McNamara is one of those singer/actress/dancers who was simply born to perform. Getting her foot in the door in the entertainment industry on Broadway at just 13, she took the role of Fredrika Armfeldt in A Little Night Music, and her budding career began to take off. These days, the 17-year-old is most known for her role as Myra Santelli in the Disney Channel original movie Girl vs. Monster. a freaky-yet-funny film about a girl who discovers her parents are monster hunters. But the teen star doesn't just have the acting bug, she's also making her debut with her original single debut for the song she penned entitled "Chatter".
Starring in the new film Contest, a TV movie about teen bullying, Kat wrote the song "Chatter" about how teasing and taunting is just words, and nothing more. "Words only hurt when you let them matter", Kat sings, which is a valuable lesson in today's era of social media bullying. Watch her explain the lyrics to the positive song in the video below:
Click the image of Kat's handwritten lyrics (straight out of her notebook!) below to make them bigger:
And watch the music video for "Chatter" on VEVO below:
Share your favorite lyric from "Chatter" in the comments below.
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'