Katy Perry Is Fascinating
It's pretty redundant to say that Katy Perry's had a big year, but some things are worth repeating. Katy Perry's had a big year. Her California Dreams tour took her to 122 dates worldwide, she voiced a Smurfette, was named MTV's Artist of The Year, and tied the one and only King of Pop, Michael Jackson, for having the most (5!) #1 singles from one album. As if that's not enough, Barbara Walters recently inducted KP into her Most Fascinating People of 2011 list accompanying the likes of Simon Cowell, The Kardashians, and Steve Jobs.
In the interview, Barbara Walters asks Katy about her "colorful" past and how it's contributed to her colorful music (or outfits, or wigs). Perry's parents were hippies turned pastors; her dad used to be a drug dealer, and her mom hung around with the rock stars of that era and even went on a date with guitar god, Jimi Hendrix! So it comes as no surprise, then, that Katy's music is a blend of naughty and nice.
The motivational "Firework" encourages people to be who they are and find confidence in their self worth:
Cause baby, you're a firework / Come on, show 'em what you're worth / Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh / As you shoot across the sky
While "California Girls" contains a slew of racy double entendres:
California girls, we're unforgettable, / Daisy dukes, bikinis on top! / Sunkissed skin, / So hot we'll melt your popsicle!
Two-faced? Nah. Katy Perry just refuses to be pigeon-holed, and judging by her level of success, it seems to be working out real well for her.
Head on over to Mix 96.5 for more deets on Katy Perry's interview with Barbara Walters.
- Alessia Cara's 'Here' Is An Anthem for the Introverted
- Yep, That's Justin Bieber Singing "Baby" with James Corden
- Watch Foo Fighters Close Out Letterman's Final Show With 'Everlong'
- This Video of Misheard Disney Lyrics Is Too Cute
- One Direction Address Zayn Malik's Departure, Play Epic Game of Dodgeball On Corden
- This Company Makes A Living by Putting Hit Song Lyrics On Clothing
- Memorize These 15 Karaoke Classics to Whip Out at Your Next Party