Katy Perry Is Fascinating
It's pretty redundant to say that Katy Perry's had a big year, but some things are worth repeating. Katy Perry's had a big year. Her California Dreams tour took her to 122 dates worldwide, she voiced a Smurfette, was named MTV's Artist of The Year, and tied the one and only King of Pop, Michael Jackson, for having the most (5!) #1 singles from one album. As if that's not enough, Barbara Walters recently inducted KP into her Most Fascinating People of 2011 list accompanying the likes of Simon Cowell, The Kardashians, and Steve Jobs.
In the interview, Barbara Walters asks Katy about her "colorful" past and how it's contributed to her colorful music (or outfits, or wigs). Perry's parents were hippies turned pastors; her dad used to be a drug dealer, and her mom hung around with the rock stars of that era and even went on a date with guitar god, Jimi Hendrix! So it comes as no surprise, then, that Katy's music is a blend of naughty and nice.
The motivational "Firework" encourages people to be who they are and find confidence in their self worth:
Cause baby, you're a firework / Come on, show 'em what you're worth / Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh / As you shoot across the sky
While "California Girls" contains a slew of racy double entendres:
California girls, we're unforgettable, / Daisy dukes, bikinis on top! / Sunkissed skin, / So hot we'll melt your popsicle!
Two-faced? Nah. Katy Perry just refuses to be pigeon-holed, and judging by her level of success, it seems to be working out real well for her.
Head on over to Mix 96.5 for more deets on Katy Perry's interview with Barbara Walters.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist