Katy Perry Is In A Fairytale In New "Wide Awake" Video
When we #decoded Katy Perry's latest single "Wide Awake," we found out that it's a song about a breakup and the subsequent come-down you experience after falling out of love. With the release of the official music video for the song, we see Katy disappearing into a magical fairytale world and being guided through trials and tribulations by her inner child.
In the video the young Katy (or Katheryn, which is Katy's given name) takes current-Katy by the hand and leads her through scary situations with the paparazzi, and eventually saves her from ending up with a prince who looks charming but is actually full of lies (could this be a reference to Katy's failed marriage to Russel Brand?). In the end, Katheryn helps her see the light and the lyrics to the song's chorus make all the more sense:
"I'm wide awake / Yeah, I was in the dark I was falling hard / With an open heart I'm wide awake / How did I read the stars so wrong?"
What do you think of the "Wide Awake" video? Tell us in the comments!
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- The ACMs Turn 50! What Do Luke Bryan & Blake Shelton Have Planned?
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?