Katy Perry Is In A Fairytale In New "Wide Awake" Video
When we #decoded Katy Perry's latest single "Wide Awake," we found out that it's a song about a breakup and the subsequent come-down you experience after falling out of love. With the release of the official music video for the song, we see Katy disappearing into a magical fairytale world and being guided through trials and tribulations by her inner child.
In the video the young Katy (or Katheryn, which is Katy's given name) takes current-Katy by the hand and leads her through scary situations with the paparazzi, and eventually saves her from ending up with a prince who looks charming but is actually full of lies (could this be a reference to Katy's failed marriage to Russel Brand?). In the end, Katheryn helps her see the light and the lyrics to the song's chorus make all the more sense:
"I'm wide awake / Yeah, I was in the dark I was falling hard / With an open heart I'm wide awake / How did I read the stars so wrong?"
What do you think of the "Wide Awake" video? Tell us in the comments!
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend