Katy Perry Is In A Fairytale In New "Wide Awake" Video
When we #decoded Katy Perry's latest single "Wide Awake," we found out that it's a song about a breakup and the subsequent come-down you experience after falling out of love. With the release of the official music video for the song, we see Katy disappearing into a magical fairytale world and being guided through trials and tribulations by her inner child.
In the video the young Katy (or Katheryn, which is Katy's given name) takes current-Katy by the hand and leads her through scary situations with the paparazzi, and eventually saves her from ending up with a prince who looks charming but is actually full of lies (could this be a reference to Katy's failed marriage to Russel Brand?). In the end, Katheryn helps her see the light and the lyrics to the song's chorus make all the more sense:
"I'm wide awake / Yeah, I was in the dark I was falling hard / With an open heart I'm wide awake / How did I read the stars so wrong?"
What do you think of the "Wide Awake" video? Tell us in the comments!
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"