Katy Perry Reveals "Roar" Lyrics Are About John Mayer
The jig is up! See what Katy had to say about the inspiration behind her comeback single...
Katy Perry recently sat down with BBC Radio 1 to discuss her forthcoming record, Prism, as well as its no.1 single, "Roar". While most of us thought that the inspiring track was about picking herself back up from her divorce with Russell Brand, the singer confessed that the lyrics came from the break that her and John Mayer took back in 2012. She made the following statement on the radio show:
"'Roar' is a song I wrote as I was a little bit upset. I found myself having a break with my boyfriend, who I loved very much and it really hurt my heart. I said to myself, 'I need to see what is going on with me and make sure I'm all good.' When you break up with someone it's easy to say they are crazy and think it's all them, but, honestly, maybe there is 50 percent responsibility on your behalf. It was just time for me to be honest with myself."
With lyrics like I guess that I forgot I had a choice / I let you push me past the breaking point / I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything, we feel for Katy that she had to go through yet another heartbreaking point in her life, but like the song says, she got up again, and her & John Mayer are currently back on. Looks like everything's coming up Katy!
Seen the music video for "Roar" yet? Check it out on VEVO:
What do you think of Katy Perry's lyrics now that it's revealed they're about her break with John Mayer?
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'
- Owl City Premieres New 'Wolf Bite' Video, Shares Handwritten Lyrics
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video