Katy Perry Wants Her New Songs To Be Relatable
Image c/o Dimitrios Kambouris (Getty)
If there's one thing about Katy Perry and her lyrics, she knows how to write a song that people can relate to. Who hasn't partied hard and regretted it a la "Last Friday Night"? Who hasn't ever thought about their ex like in "The One That Got Away"? So it's good news that the pop star is writing her new album with the people in mind. According to Press Party, Katy had this to say on her upcoming record:
"Maybe I'm not specific with names, but that's my lockbox where all my secrets go. Writing is like therapy. [My songs] stem from the truth inside of me. I just want songs to be relatable, and to be adopted as someone else's soundtrack."
With so many personal accomplishments and downfalls over the past three years since the singer released Teenage Dream, Ms. Perry has a lot to draw from on the songwriting front. She got married, got a divorce, was Billboard's Woman Of The Year, released a 3D bio-concert-pic, wrapped up a tour, and called it quits with on again/off again boyfriend John Mayer. Phew! Hey Katy, if you need somebody to help you write about all that stuff, we hear Mikky Ekko is willing and ready...
Are you excited to hear Katy Perry's new album? Do you think her lyrics are relatable?
- Lorde Channels Katniss In Her "Yellow Flicker Beat" Lyrics
- Fleetwood Mac Returns! Co-Founder Mick Fleetwood Dishes On Reunion Tour
- Check Out the Lyrics to Three Days Grace's "I Am Machine" Ahead of Release
- Ne-Yo's Back! WATCH His "She Knows" Lyric Video ft. Juicy J
- AUDIO: Kendrick Lamar's "i" Is Blowing Up The Internet
- PREMIERE: Nickelback 'What Are You Waiting For?' Lyric Video
- Fall For These 15 Songs About Autumn