Keane Go Back To Their Roots On New Album "Strangeland"
When Keane emerged into the mainstream music scene about 8 years ago, the praise for the (at-the-time) three piece went through the roof. Their clever use of pianos and synthesizers as well as their thoughtful, poetic lyrics connected with people of all ages and of all walks of life. Their first record, Hopes And Fears, was considered a classic debut release, and their follow-up Under The Iron Sea proved that the band could beat the "sophomore slump". However, the release of their third album Perfect Symmetry took the group down a different path: they incorporated a new member and strayed from their melancholic, poignantly lyrical sound. Down but not out, Keane decided to give all of their blood, sweat and tears into their fourth release, and the result? Strangeland, an album that picks up Keane's best qualities: killer piano riffs and full, rich lyrics.
Keane's new video for "Silenced By The Night"
With songwriting that focuses on their hometown, the album's title is potentially ironic, or they could be revisiting their hometown and finding it isn't the same it used to be. The official tracklisting for Strangeland is as follows:
1. You Are Young
2. Silenced By The Night
4. Watch How You Go
5. Sovereign Light Cafe
6. On The Road
7. The Starting Line
8. Black Rain
9. Neon River
10. Day Will Come
11. In Your Own Time
12. Sea Fog
Keane's Strangeland is available now wherever you get your music. Will you be picking it up?
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!