Keep It Hush! The 5 Best Songs About Secret-Keeping
Just in time for the premiere of CBS's new series 'Hostages', we rounded up the 5 best 'secret' songs...
There's only a few more days until it's officially fall, and you know what that means: the best new television shows will hit the air! That's right: series premiere season is officially here, and we're scoping through the guides to plan out our autumn TV schedule. We're especially looking forward to CBS's Hostages, and with its premiere just around the corner, we got to thinking about the program's essential theme: secret-keeping. It's a common theme in pop music as well: seriously, if we had a nickel every time somebody rhymed "secret" with "keep it"...
Check out these 5 songs about keeping things hush-hush and tell us any that we missed in the comments:
5. "Little Things" — One Direction
And maybe that's the reason / That you talk in your sleep / And all those conversations / Are the secrets that I keep...
One Direction are about more than just their looks and their angelic voices: they'll keep your secrets for you, too. Sigh. <3
4. "Moves Like Jagger" — Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera
And if I share my secret / You're gonna have to keep it / Nobody else can see this...
We love Christina Aguilera's part in Maroon 5's massive 2011 hit, but we're always going to be left wondering: what was her secret, anyway? She never reveals it in the lyrics!
3. "Little Secrets" — Passion Pit
Let this be our little secret / No one needs to know we're feeling / Higher and higher and higher...
If Passion Pit is trying to keep their sense of feeling "high" from the rest of the world, we'll gladly keep it: if it's to do with illegal substances!
2. "Diary" — Alicia Keys
I won't tell your secrets / Your secrets are safe with me / I will keep your secrets / Just think of me as the pages in your diary...
Oh, Alicia Keys: we know we can trust you with our secrets! Just like One Direction, the things that you spill to Ms. Keys aren't going anywhere — they're locked up, safe with her.
1. "Dirty Little Secret" — The All-American Rejects
You are the only one that needs to know / I'll keep you my dirty little secret...
Who could forget about one of the best secret-keeping songs out there? Whenever we hear this classic by The All-American Rejects, we definitely can't keep our dance moves under wraps!
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- QUIZ: Do You Know All The Words To "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now