Kelly Clarkson Announces Greatest Hits Album & New Single
Did you know that Kelly Clarkson won the very first American Idol competition TEN YEARS AGO? Wow, we can't believe Kelly's been around for a decade already! To celebrate the occasion, Ms. Clarkson took to her blog to make a very special announcement for us fans:
"It's been a decade now since I won American Idol. Sometimes it feels longer because although it has been exciting that was a lot of pressure to have as a 19 year old girl. To own a company, lead an organization as a business woman, and be able to create music I'm proud of has been tough, but inspiring, for me. To celebrate the strength and longevity that my fans, friends, and family have supported me with I wrote this song "Catch my Breath" with one of my best friends that has seen me through everything. This song represents who I've been, what I've felt, and where I'm headed as not only an artist but as a 30 year old that is now smart enough to know that it's time to stop, catch my breath, and be proud of not only what has been accomplished but of all the people that have helped me become the woman I am today. The song will be part of my first ever greatest hits (!!) coming in November. Thank you everyone that has been a part of my career and life. Here's to another decade of passion and fun! I hope you like the song...its coming next week!"
Kelly Clarkson's Greatest Hits - Chapter 1 will be out on November 19th, and as for the new single "Catch My Breath"? Tune in next week when it hits the Internet!
For now, here's Kelly's video for "Dark Side" on VEVO:
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars