Kelly Clarkson's Country Remake Of "Mr. Know It All"
One of our favorite Kelly Clarkson songs has just been country-fied (yes, that's a word now). Kelly's "Mr. Know It All" gets the remake treatment with plenty of lush banjos and twangy slide guitars accompanying her sweet yet strong vocals. And we love it!
Listening to the country remake, we got to thinking: is this just a preview of the musical direction Kelly is going to take? Hailing from Texas and all, we wouldn't be surprised if Kelly pulled on her cowboy boots and joined the likes of Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert in the country music biz. Let's take a peek at Kelly's most country-themed lyrics, shall we?
Grew up in a small town / And when the rain would fall down / I'd just stare out my window / Dreaming of what could be / And if I'd end up happy / I would pray
Country music is all about story telling, and Kelly spills the deets about growing up in a small town and dreaming of making it big.
I want you to know that it doesn't matter / Where we take this road someone's gotta go / And I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better / But I want you to move on so I'm already gone
In the world of country, the lyrics are also known for heavily describing a broken heart. Kelly talks to an ex-lover and brings a tear to our eye as she lets him go.
"All I Ever Wanted"
I'd rather walk alone, don't wanna chase you around / Every day, every day, every minute / I'd fall a thousand times 'fore I let you drag me down / Every day, every day, hey, hey
One more aspect about country lyrics? Shortening the words! Kelly has a little bit of country flair in her shortening of "before" into "''fore".
What do you guys think? Should Kelly Clarkson venture into the land of country music?
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz