Kimye Is Expecting: The Best Kanye Lyrics About Parenthood
Image c/o Victor Decolongon (Getty)
Where were you at the end of 2012 when Kanye West and Kim Kardashian (better known as Kimye) announced their pregnancy? Well, actually, it was Kanye who spilled the beans: while live in concert in Atlantic City, the rapper paused his show to congratulate his "baby mama", AKA Kim! Watch the clip here to see Kanye share the exciting news...
We're actually happy for the expecting couple, and to offer our congratulations, we thought we'd round up three of Kanye's best lyrics about being a parent! Check them out here...
"Hey Mama / I wanna scream so loud for you / 'Cuz I'm so proud of you / And let me tell you what I'm about to do"
From Kanye's song "Hey Mama", these lyrics were written for the hip hop star's late mother, but they work wonderfully as a dedication to Kim and her upcoming motherhood.
"Yes, I did, so I packed it up and brought it back to the crib / Just a lil' somethin' show you how we live"
Kanye's "Champion" is a song written about his father, which also fits into our parenthood theme. We know that when Mr. West says "crib", he's talking about his home, but we think these lyrics would totally work about their future baby's actual crib!
"See, I just want 'im to have an easy life, not like Yeezy life / Just want 'im to be someone people like / Don't want 'im to be hated, all the time judged / Don't be like your daddy that would never budge"
Taken from Kanye West & Jay-Z's effort Watch The Throne's "New Day", this beautiful ode to both rapper's future offspring has Kanye pouring his heart out about how he wants his future son or daughter to grow up better than he did.
Do you know any other Kanye West songs about parenthood? Share them with us!
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist