Krystal Keith Hand Wrote AND Explained Two New Songs For Us
Talk about getting your money's worth.
Krystal Keith has just released her debut album Whiskey & Lace, which is a collection of rockin' country tunes not too far off from her dad Toby Keith's music. We first got to know Krystal when she shared her My Musical Mind with us back in April, and 'got our redneck on' when we checked out the drop of her latest lyric video.
Now, the country singer/songwriter is not only sharing with us the handwritten words to two of her songs from the new record, she also took the time to explain the lyrics and their significance. Talk about a bonus! Get a look at the lyrics and the video explanations below.
Here's the handwritten lyrics to the album's title track, "Whiskey & Lace":
In the video below, Krystal tells us how the song came to be by when she thought up the title and kept it backlogged on her phone for months. When she got in the studio, the song title seemed to encompass the entire record, and the lyrics are a heartfelt ode about a woman struggling to make ends meet.
See Krystal's hand-penned "Get Your Redneck On" lyrics here:
And see what the performer said about the single, which is not only her first from the record, it's her first as a certified songwriter! Along with producer Nathan Chapman, Krystal wrote this tribute to redneck culture from a woman's perspective because as far as the two of them knew, it hadn't been done before.
Krystal Keith's Whiskey & Lace is out today on iTunes. Do you have a favorite lyric from the album?
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele