Krystal Keith Shares Her Musical Mind With Us Before The ACM Awards
You may think that having a famous dad with a household name would be Krystal Keith's ticket to instant stardom, but the road to fame isn't that effortless for Toby Keith's daughter. Instead of setting up an easy recording deal for their musically-inclined child, Krystal's parents encouraged her to enter singing competitions and get comfortable on stage. "My parents didn't just want to hand me everything. They taught me to work for it and work hard," says Krystal.
She finally got to sing in front of a national audience at the 2004 CMAs when she and her dad performed their cover of the classic Carly Simon and James Taylor song "Mockingbird" and now Krystal has her first EP coming out on April 16th! We wanted to get to know this up-and-coming country star a little better, so we asked her to fill out the My Musical Mind questionnaire - ACM Edition!
Watch Krystal perform with her famous dad at the CMA Awards:
The 48th annual ACM Awards will be broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Sunday, April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on CBS!
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings