Lana Del Rey's Rendition of "Blue Velvet" is our Lyric Of The Week
If anybody knows how to put a modern yet nostalgic spin on a classic song, it's pop crooner Lana Del Rey. As the face of H&M's fashion collection for fall 2012, the retro-channelling singer starred in the clothing brand's campaign video (as seen above), sighing out her cover of the 1950's hit "Blue Velvet". The old-school tune fits Lana's sultry voice perfectly, and while the campaign video is rather odd, it's also intriguing, and everybody is talking about it. That's why LDR's "Blue Velvet" takes our Lyric Of The Week:
"She wore blue velvet / Bluer than velvet was the night / Softer than satin was the light / From the stars"
What do you think of Lana's cover and campaign video? Let us know in the comments!
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015