Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence' Track List Is So Very Lana Del Rey
Is it any wonder that the "West Coast" singer named all these tracks so tragic and beautiful?
The release date for Lana Del Rey's majorly-anticipated sophomore record Ultraviolence is finally here! Expect the record out on June 16th, Lana fans, and gaze upon the glory of LDR's new album cover as well. Also recently released was Ultraviolence's track list, served up to us by Lana herself on her Facebook page. And of course, the titles on her second effort are so obviously Lana Del Rey. But what does that mean, exactly?
LDR's songwriting is pretty standard when it comes to lyrics: she's usually singing about the men who come and go in her life ("Blue Jeans"), how blue she feels about it ("Summertime Sadness"), and then trying to forget about her cares by going on reckless adventures ("Ride", anyone?). Her beautifully-tragic-themed song titles come into play once again on Ultraviolence, which is definitely proven on the album's first single "West Coast" (Down on the West Coast, they got a sayin' / If you're not drinkin', then you're not playin'), and her love of name-dropping American cities is carried on as well through titles like "Brooklyn Baby" and "Florida Kilos".
Wanna check out the track listing for Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence? Have a look below, and pray that it comes out before the end of the month!
1. "Cruel World"
3. "Shades Of Cool"
4. "Brooklyn Baby"
5. "West Coast"
6. "Sad Girl"
7. "Pretty When You Cry"
8. "Money Power Glory"
9. "F***** My Way Up To The Top"
10. "Old Money"
11. "The Other Woman"
12. "Black Beauty"
13. "Guns And Roses"
14. "Florida Kilos"
The video for Lana's "West Coast" recently hit the Web: have you seen it yet?
Got a favorite lyric line from LDR's latest single? Or just an overall pick for the best Lana lyric ever? Share it with us in the comments, folks!
- These 9 Country Songs Pretty Much Define Summertime
- Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- UPDATE: Watch David Gray's Entire Live On Letterman Concert On-Demand