See Inside "Riptide" Hit-Maker Vance Joy's Musical Mind
The singer/songwriter filled out our My Musical Mind survey — check it out!
A name that you might have heard on the radio these days belongs to Vance Joy, real name James Keogh, who's an up-and-coming singer/songwriter from Melbourne, Australia. His single "Riptide" from his 2013 EP God Loves You When You're Dancing has gained him commercial success down under, and now he's taking on the North American music market. Up here in the Northern hemisphere, music fans are totally loving "Riptide", which is a confessional folk-rock track that has Joy sharing his fears and insecurities with the world in his lyrics.
One of our favorite things to receive from under-the-radar artists like Vance Joy are My Musical Mind surveys, because they help us learn more about what could be pop's next big thing. And honestly, this dude's well on his way. Read all about the folk-pop performer as he shares with us the first album he ever bought with his own money (it's a classic), as well as a must-have for him in the recording studio:
Watch the music video (as if you haven't already) for Vance Joy's "Riptide" on YouTube below:
If you like what you hear, here's his video for "Snaggletooth", and the link for his iTunes.
Are you a fan of Vance Joy's music? Let us know in the comments.
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'