See Inside "Riptide" Hit-Maker Vance Joy's Musical Mind
The singer/songwriter filled out our My Musical Mind survey — check it out!
A name that you might have heard on the radio these days belongs to Vance Joy, real name James Keogh, who's an up-and-coming singer/songwriter from Melbourne, Australia. His single "Riptide" from his 2013 EP God Loves You When You're Dancing has gained him commercial success down under, and now he's taking on the North American music market. Up here in the Northern hemisphere, music fans are totally loving "Riptide", which is a confessional folk-rock track that has Joy sharing his fears and insecurities with the world in his lyrics.
One of our favorite things to receive from under-the-radar artists like Vance Joy are My Musical Mind surveys, because they help us learn more about what could be pop's next big thing. And honestly, this dude's well on his way. Read all about the folk-pop performer as he shares with us the first album he ever bought with his own money (it's a classic), as well as a must-have for him in the recording studio:
Watch the music video (as if you haven't already) for Vance Joy's "Riptide" on YouTube below:
If you like what you hear, here's his video for "Snaggletooth", and the link for his iTunes.
Are you a fan of Vance Joy's music? Let us know in the comments.
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'
- Owl City Premieres New 'Wolf Bite' Video, Shares Handwritten Lyrics
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear