Lily Allen Resurfaces With Pop Satire "Hard Out Here"
The singer/songwriter + new mom is calling out pop music in her latest single.
Taking a break from the pop world to focus on her family, UK singer/songwriter Lily Allen now has the title "mom" to add to her resume, with two children with her husband Sam Cooper. She has been working on her third studio album as secretly as possible, however, and with tweets being sent out by the singer that new music would be out "soon", she surprised the music world by dropping the music video for "Hard Out Here" without warning.
"Hard Out Here", which is a play on Three Six Mafia's classic anthem "Hard Out Here For A Pimp", takes cheeky jabs at the double standard in the music industry. Take a look at the following lines
I suppose I should tell you
What this b**ch is thinking
You'll find me in the studio
And not in the kitchen
I won't be bragging 'bout my cars
Or talking 'bout my chains
Don't need to shake my arse for you
'Cause I've got a brain
Channeling Lorde's "Royals" in a way, Allen claims that she doesn't want to hear about expensive cars, blingy chains, or women dancing provocatively when it comes to her career. She also works into the chorus of the song "It's hard out here for a b**ch", putting her own spin on the Three Six Mafia classic.
Watch the hilarious satirical music video for Lily's "Hard Out Here" on YouTube:
What's your favorite lyric line from Lily Allen's "Hard Out Here"? Share it with us in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist