Lily Allen Resurfaces With Pop Satire "Hard Out Here"
The singer/songwriter + new mom is calling out pop music in her latest single.
Taking a break from the pop world to focus on her family, UK singer/songwriter Lily Allen now has the title "mom" to add to her resume, with two children with her husband Sam Cooper. She has been working on her third studio album as secretly as possible, however, and with tweets being sent out by the singer that new music would be out "soon", she surprised the music world by dropping the music video for "Hard Out Here" without warning.
"Hard Out Here", which is a play on Three Six Mafia's classic anthem "Hard Out Here For A Pimp", takes cheeky jabs at the double standard in the music industry. Take a look at the following lines
I suppose I should tell you
What this b**ch is thinking
You'll find me in the studio
And not in the kitchen
I won't be bragging 'bout my cars
Or talking 'bout my chains
Don't need to shake my arse for you
'Cause I've got a brain
Channeling Lorde's "Royals" in a way, Allen claims that she doesn't want to hear about expensive cars, blingy chains, or women dancing provocatively when it comes to her career. She also works into the chorus of the song "It's hard out here for a b**ch", putting her own spin on the Three Six Mafia classic.
Watch the hilarious satirical music video for Lily's "Hard Out Here" on YouTube:
What's your favorite lyric line from Lily Allen's "Hard Out Here"? Share it with us in the comments.
- Lorde Channels Katniss In Her "Yellow Flicker Beat" Lyrics
- Fleetwood Mac Returns! Co-Founder Mick Fleetwood Dishes On Reunion Tour
- Check Out the Lyrics to Three Days Grace's "I Am Machine" Ahead of Release
- Ne-Yo's Back! WATCH His "She Knows" Lyric Video ft. Juicy J
- AUDIO: Kendrick Lamar's "i" Is Blowing Up The Internet
- PREMIERE: Nickelback 'What Are You Waiting For?' Lyric Video
- Fall For These 15 Songs About Autumn