Lissie Explains Why She Wrote A Song For People Who Hate Their Jobs
It's called 'I Don't Wanna Go To Work' and is for folks stuck in bad jobs just to pay the bills.
Are you stuck working a job you hate in order to pay your bills? Well, California based singer-songwriter Lissie knows what that feels like. It's the reason she wrote the song "I Don't Wanna Go To Work," an anthem for working class folks who are forced to work jobs they hate just to get by. "I don't wanna go to work / You don't pay me what I'm worth," sings Lissie on the chorus, sharing a feeling that virtually everyone has felt at one point in their lives (or will, if they haven't yet). Lissie discusses the song in our latest episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, explaining its inspiration and true lyrical meaning. Watch the clip at the top of the post to hear about the song's meaning from the songwriter herself.
Lissie Opens Her My Musical Mind To Us
Get to know the folk rocker by taking a peek inside her My Musical Mind......More
For more Lissie, check out the My Musical Mind she filled out for us last year, and watch this interview Lissie gave to our sister site Last.fm as part of their Last Word series.
Check out prior BETWEEN THE LINES episodes:
- Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
- Dierks Bentley Explains The Emotional Story Behind 'I Hold On'
- Jamie Scott Teases New Song 'Unbreakable', Explains Why He Had to Keep it For Himself
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
Be sure to check out our YouTube page for more exclusive interviews, song explanations, and more.
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- The ACMs Turn 50! What Do Luke Bryan & Blake Shelton Have Planned?
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics