Lissie Explains Why She Wrote A Song For People Who Hate Their Jobs
It's called 'I Don't Wanna Go To Work' and is for folks stuck in bad jobs just to pay the bills.
Are you stuck working a job you hate in order to pay your bills? Well, California based singer-songwriter Lissie knows what that feels like. It's the reason she wrote the song "I Don't Wanna Go To Work," an anthem for working class folks who are forced to work jobs they hate just to get by. "I don't wanna go to work / You don't pay me what I'm worth," sings Lissie on the chorus, sharing a feeling that virtually everyone has felt at one point in their lives (or will, if they haven't yet). Lissie discusses the song in our latest episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, explaining its inspiration and true lyrical meaning. Watch the clip at the top of the post to hear about the song's meaning from the songwriter herself.
Lissie Opens Her My Musical Mind To Us
Get to know the folk rocker by taking a peek inside her My Musical Mind......More
For more Lissie, check out the My Musical Mind she filled out for us last year, and watch this interview Lissie gave to our sister site Last.fm as part of their Last Word series.
Check out prior BETWEEN THE LINES episodes:
- Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
- Dierks Bentley Explains The Emotional Story Behind 'I Hold On'
- Jamie Scott Teases New Song 'Unbreakable', Explains Why He Had to Keep it For Himself
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
Be sure to check out our YouTube page for more exclusive interviews, song explanations, and more.
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'