Lissie Explains Why She Wrote A Song For People Who Hate Their Jobs
It's called 'I Don't Wanna Go To Work' and is for folks stuck in bad jobs just to pay the bills.
Are you stuck working a job you hate in order to pay your bills? Well, California based singer-songwriter Lissie knows what that feels like. It's the reason she wrote the song "I Don't Wanna Go To Work," an anthem for working class folks who are forced to work jobs they hate just to get by. "I don't wanna go to work / You don't pay me what I'm worth," sings Lissie on the chorus, sharing a feeling that virtually everyone has felt at one point in their lives (or will, if they haven't yet). Lissie discusses the song in our latest episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, explaining its inspiration and true lyrical meaning. Watch the clip at the top of the post to hear about the song's meaning from the songwriter herself.
For more Lissie, check out the My Musical Mind she filled out for us last year, and watch this interview Lissie gave to our sister site Last.fm as part of their Last Word series.
Check out prior BETWEEN THE LINES episodes:
- Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
- Dierks Bentley Explains The Emotional Story Behind 'I Hold On'
- Jamie Scott Teases New Song 'Unbreakable', Explains Why He Had to Keep it For Himself
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
Be sure to check out our YouTube page for more exclusive interviews, song explanations, and more.
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola